Bad News | Friday March 24
Italy and Spain. Freedom and censorship. A deafening silence
Freedom of expression. What happens in Spain, in Italy, in the world? Democracy, censorship and threats. Laws and rights, methods and actions to follow and report violations
Meeting sponsored by Ossigeno per l’Informazione-ECPMF-PDLI and supported by the European Commission.
- Press freedom. The international classifications are misleading
- Threats to journalists blindfold readers
- Universities must train monitors to observe violations of press freedom
- The “eyeglasses” of Ossigeno to see hidden censorship
- Threatened journalists. Create monitoring agencies in every country
- Threatened journalists. To defend them names and facts need to be published.
- Newspapers could do more to help threatened journalists
- Ossigeno’s Censorship Detector can also work in Spain
Democratic Party leaders wanted to have subpoenas covered by secret. The Minister of Justice and the prosecutor Nicola Gratteri speak against it
Promoting the agreed solutions to avoid legal proceedings for defamation. It takes sensitivity and tools to support best practices
This week, Ossigeno has verified and made know 12 cases of intimidation against journalists and information operators.
Targeted because of their work: Lucio Musolino, Paolo Pollichieni; Carlo Tecce, Andrea Gianbartolomei; Stefania Congedo, Roberta Riccardi; Paolo Berizzi; Bologna Journalists.
Defamation. Journalist sued for an interview on “Black Plots”
The journalist Raffaella Fanelli is accused of having sullied the memory of the right-wing extremist Paolo Signorelli by interviewing a lifer
Luca Abete of Striscia la Notizia attacked by unlicensed street vendors
Kicks, punches and sticks. It happened in Caserta in an outdoor market. The envoy of the satirical news cast was filming the sale of counterfeit products
Casarano. Councillor threatens Marilù and then steps down
The journalist from the heel of Italy had reported on criminal investigations in which he is referred to as “adjacent” to a local clan
Journalists. Travaglio acquitted after 10 years from Del Noce lawsuit (Rai1)
The trial promoted in 2007 by the director of RAI 1 arising from an article appeared in L’Unità. The first degree sentence was overturned.